1. Buying the right watering accessories is a challenge unique to every homeowner. The best way to discover what you need is to work outside and ask yourself, what would make this job easier?
2. Pressing your thumb over the mouth of a gushing hose for precision or kinking the line is hardly water management. Hose accessories are easy to use and incredibly affordable - a simple sprayer will project water just where you want it and halt the flow of water while you walk to the next parched plant.
3. If you've ever felt the frustration of getting your hose snagged on decorative lawn ornaments or even damaging shrubbery, add an easy-to-install hose guide on the most traveled routes from the spigot to your plants. This is an affordable way to stop the headaches a tangled line can cause.
4. It can be hard to judge when a lawn needs watering. Ignore a lush green lawn one evening for one night and it could be brown by morning! Installing a rain gauge lets you know just how much Mother Nature is helping you out and how much extra support your lawn needs to stay green.
5. The old phrase "Timing is everything" holds true in lawn care. A sprinkler timer is a great way to get a routine going in your weekly watering schedule. These gadgets are an absolute must-have for anyone who lives in a dry, arid region with very little rainfall.
6. Sometimes simpler is better. Why drag out the hose when you could just fill up a watering can? Take your time and enjoy the little things - get up close and personal with your plants. Talk with them, nurture them - it's called lawn care for a reason.
7. Shop with a budget in mind. The left navigation bar at hosereelsource.com can help you narrow your search according to price range, brand, and even items that make great gifts or those that are already on sale!