1. Garden hose reels are both functional and attractive. They're available in a wide range of styles and colors to suit your outdoor decor.
2. Wall mount hose reels are ideal for small yards and areas with limited space. Simply mount them on the exterior wall of your house, garage, or tool shed.
3. There are three basic types of wall mount hose reels: perpendicular, parallel, and swivel mount. Choose the one you need based on the angle at which you'll be mounting it.
4. Wheeled cart hose reels allow you to move freely around the yard while watering. The hose reel can travel with you as far as the hose will reach, and no messy unwinding is required.
5. When not in use, hoses should always be coiled onto a garden hose reel. Not only does this keep your yard neat, it also prevents injuries and keeps the hose from becoming damaged.
6. Purchase a garden hose reel based on the length of your hose. Our hose reels are categorized by capacity in feet.
7. Hose reels come in a wide variety of materials. All are designed to withstand weather conditions and are durable enough for frequent use.
8. If you choose a copper hose reel or hose pot, keep in mind that over time the copper will oxidize to a natural patina. This will add to the natural charm of the piece.
9. Most retractable hose reels operate on a rechargeable battery. Read the manufacturer's instructions and charge the battery overnight so that it's ready for use during the day.
10. If your hose gets muddy, spray the garden hose reel with water on a regular basis. This will keep the hose guides clean and ensure the reel continues to work properly.