When the gardening's done, you don't want to leave the hose out on the lawn, but mounting hooks or clearing out junk to make space for 170 feet of hose is an even bigger chore! There's no need to struggle with yard after yard of hose - make storage quick, neat, and convenient with a hose pot. So how do you choose the hose pot that perfect for your hose, your garden, and you? Well, here are a few handy tips to make your selection easier.
1. You'll see that our pots are divided into two groups: metal and resin. Each is incredibly durable, but metal has greater variety. Metal hose pots are most commonly made of tin, iron, and steel.
2. Resin hose pots are more likely to crack if weather conditions turn too cold, but offer a wider range of styles and designs.
3. Make sure the pot you like can hold the hose you own. Read the product bullet points and the full item description and keep an eye out for hose capacity. 170 feet of hose won't fit in a pot made for 100 feet, no matter how economically you coil.
4. A great feature to shop for in a hose pot is the side opening. A side opening allows the hose to stay connected to the faucet during storage.
5. Not everyone is good at coiling a hose. If you fall into that group, buy a hose pot with a center post. Center posts will help you coil more neatly and eliminate any chance of kinks.
6. There's a wide variety of styles to choose from so don't think that all hose pots are alike! You'll find pots with intricate embossed patterns, rich finishes like copper or bronze, and pots that have been weathered for a rustic charm.
7. If the pot you choose doesn't have one, browse for a hose pot lid. These will help keep out the rain, better preserving hoses that aren't weather resistant.
8. If you don't get a lid, make sure to keep your hose pot in a dry, sheltered place or, better yet, pick up a pot that has built-in drain holes that prevent rain and left over water from filling the holder.
9. Who better to tell you what hose pots are the best than shoppers like yourself? Each product's page features customer reviews that give you insight on a hose pots true quality.
10. The left navigation bar is your best friend. When all else fails, narrow your hose pot search according to brand recognition, price range if you're on a budget, or just check out what's on sale!